FacultyGastroenterology & Hepatology
Dr. Vikash Bundela
MBBS, MD Medicine, DM (Gastroenterology)
About Dr. Vikash Bundela
Dr. Vikash Bundela (MBBS, MD Medicine, DM (Gastroenterology) is currently working as the head of the Department of Gastroenterology, Aadhar Health Institute, Hisar, Haryana. Dr. Vikas hails from the small village of Kairu in the Bhiwani district of Haryana. Dr. Vikash started his medical education in 2005 and pursued his MBBS from Pandit B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science Rohtak, Haryana. He then joined the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and pursued his MD in Internal Medicine from 2012 to 2015. In 2016, Dr. Vikash topped the DM Gastroenterology Entrance Exams in PGIMER Chandigarh and Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), New Delhi. He opted for PGIMER Chandigarh and pursued his doctorate in Gastroenterology there from 2016 till July 2019. After completing his DM training, he worked for a few months as an assistant professor in Gastroenterology in his alma matter PGI Rohtak. Subsequently, he joined as associate consultant in Asian Institute of Medical Sciences, Faridabad.
Dr. Vikash has expertise in Upper GI Endoscopy (both Diagnostic and Therapeutic), Colonoscopy (both Diagnostic and Therapeutic), ERCP. He also has experience in performing Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS). His area of interest are Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis), Pancreatitis Alcohol related Liver Disease, Hepatitis b and c, Abdominal Tuberculosis and Coeliac Diseases. He is also a member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), and American Neuro-Gastroenterology Motility Society (ANMS).
- MBBS: Pandit B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science Rohtak, Haryana.
- MD: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- D. M : PGIMER Chandigarh
- His research works are ‘To compare the effects of acotiamide on symptom profile and gastric myoelectrical activity (GMA) with placebo in suspected diabetic gastroparesis:a double blind randomised placebo control trial ’ under the mentorship of Prof. USHA DUTTA, Dept. OF Gastroenterology, Chandigarh
- To study the effects of dylipidemia on subclinical atherosclerosis by CIMT due to HAART therapy in HIV patients under the mentoship of Prof(Dr.) ASHUTOSH BISWAS, Dept of Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi
- CASE REPORT An unusual cause of biliary colic: Biliary ascariasis. J Gatroenetro hepatl. 2018 May;33(5):975. doi: 10.1111/jgh.14094